MCOHS Continuing Education
8:00 am - 5:15 pm
University Office Plaza
2221 University Avenue SE, Suite 114/116 Minneapolis, MN 55414
Stay current and above the crowd! This one-day course will qualify those holding a current CAOHC (Council for Accreditation of Occupational Hearing Conservation) certification for recertification. All participants will have ample opportunity to hone their skills by practicing hearing testing utilizing a variety of audiometry equipment with one-on-one instruction from the faculty.
The registration fee of $375.00 includes handouts, processing of your exam, recertification application to CAOHC, and CEU certificate.
All exams are now conducted online while in the classroom. Participants will need to bring their own laptop computer for testing.
This is a CAOHC-Approved course.
- MCOHS Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 0.8 CEUs
- Meets the Minnesota Board of Nursing continuing education requirements for 9.6 (50 Minute) contact hours.
- Meets the criteria for Continuance of Certification (COC) as specified by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
- Demonstrate proficiency in pure tone hearing threshold testing techniques on manual and microprocessor audiometers
- Describe basic ear anatomy/physiology as well as how to perform an otoscopic exam
- List parameters of sound as they relate to hearing testing
- List various aspects of industrial hearing conservation programs, employee education, and federal and state regulations
- Review updated information regarding current instrumentation and products