The Midwest Center for Occupational Health and Safety (MCOHS) Continuing Education (CE) program mission is “to improve occupational/environmental health and safety through the transmission of knowledge, skill and understanding to those responsible for workplace health and safety.”
To accomplish this mission, the MCOHS CE program:
- conducts and accesses multifaceted local, regional and national needs assessments to determine continuing education needs of occupational safety and health (OSH) professionals;
- responds to needs of broad-based OSH professional audiences by developing/offering relevant courses;
- maintains high-quality course offerings as evidenced by ongoing course, instructor, and selected impact evaluations;
- maximizes resources and knowledge base by collaborating with both internal and external individuals and groups; and
- increases benefit/reach of face-to-face programs and online learning opportunities using innovative technology.
The MCOHS CE training program is committed to offer training in the core disciplines as well as interdisciplinary programs, covering a wide spectrum of interest and skill levels with introductory and advanced courses in hazard-specific and/or industry-specific topics, emerging OSH issues, and traditional, longstanding exam/practice review and update/refresher programs.